Skip to main content

Is it possible to serve God ( An inspiring Epistolary)

                                                                                                                             91 Orchard Ave
                                                                                                                             Brooklyn,
                                                                                                                             New York,
                                                                                                                             11236
                                                                                                                             25 January, 2018



The Youth Councilor,
Save The World Outreach
28 University Street,
City Seattle,
Washington,
98155.

Dear Sir,
                                                    Is It Possible To Serve God?
Thanks for that wonderful message of yours disseminated through the radio station. It was as if you were talking to me directly, because the things you discussed yesterday are the things currently affecting my life. And I pray that the lord will continue to bless you for the good work you are doing.
  Actually sir, I have a problem: I am someone that is living in darkness, and I have been living this kind of lifestyle ever since I got admitted into the high school. I am living an immoral lifestyle, and I engage myself in so many dirty things. Sometimes whenever I sit down and look at the type of lifestyle that I am living, I get angry at myself. It makes me feel sad and it breaks my  heart.  At first, when I was introduced into this life style, I thought that it was going to be fun. But now it is making me restless and always on my heels. The consequences of the life I am living is haunting me, and I don’t know what else to do.
  I am involved in so many sinful acts: I lie to cover up, and it breaks the hearts of people around me; I am an internet fraudster; I am always on an errand to hurt people; I can’t stay a day without having sex with girls; I am a drunkard; and so many other things I won’t be able to say here. The joy and self fulfillment  that I used to have when I was a kid is no longer there. The heart of my parents are broken because of me. I don’t have any good person around me to talk to me. The only people I associate with are people that will continue to make me grow in darkness.
  Sir, I have heard so many messages about repentance prior to yours yesterday, and sometimes I kneel down and pray for God’s forgiveness, promising him that  I wont go back to sin again. But when I leave that room, I find myself committing sin and growing even worse in sin. I have repented so many times but I still find myself committing sin against God.
  That is why I am asking, ‘Is it possible to serve God? Please I need your response. Thanks.

                                                                                                                               Thomas















                                                                                                 28 University Street,
                                                                                                 City Seattle,
                                                                                                 Washington,
                                                                                                 98155,
                                                                                                 30 January, 2018.

Dear Thomas,
Thanks for the letter you sent. I am glad that you took such a wonderful step for your redemption and cleansing. And I pray that after reading through this letter, you will be saved permanently.
Your question, ‘Is it possible to serve God?’ was asked because no matter how hard you try, you find yourself falling and growing in darkness. Thomas, it is more than possible to serve God and desist from sin. You know people find it difficult to serve God because they find it hard to stop the lifestyle that prevents them from serving God. There is a type of life that people have been living for a long time, maybe they have been with that lifestyle for few years, or they started living with it from childhood, but when the time to drop that lifestyle comes, people find it extremely difficult because it has become part of them. Thomas, no matter how far you have come with your sins, once you surrender yourself wholeheartedly to the lord, you can be saved.
What You Must do to be Saved From Sin And Put a Stop to Your Lifestyle.
Before you can put a stop to your evil actions, you need to do a thorough cleansing within your heart. You need to determine to let go of every fragments of sin in your life. Thomas, maybe you just want to stop those sins that are more visible to yourself and people: sins like fornication, harming people, internet fraud, etc. and maybe you are not considering the ones that grow in your heart: malice, lies, hatred, anger, jealousy, envy, etc. To serve the lord, and stop your sinful ways, you need to surrender your heart to the lord without any thought to look back. Maybe in the past after asking for the forgiveness of God to stop your evil ways, you continued to accommodate anger and the rest of them in your heart while  still striving to put a stop to your evil actions that are still visible. If you don't stop the sins that occur in your heart, eventually those visible actions will come back. So, Thomas in order to stop your immoral lifestyle entirely, you need to let go of all your sins, both the ones you think that are small and the ones you think that are big. But don't be deceived, there is no small sin and there is no big sin. Sin is sin. You need to determine that as the lord forgives you, you will not pick up those sins again. Don't look back like Lot's wife.

The Steps to Follow
1)Admit that you have sinned against God and believe that our lord Jesus Christ can save you from your sins. After that, begin to confess your sins to God. Tell him the ways that you have wronged him both inwardly and outwardly ( inside your heart and outside your heart ). Tell him that you have determined to stop your evil actions and reciprocate his love.
Jeremiah 3:13. Only acknowledged thine iniquity that thou hast transgressed against the lord thy God, and hast scattered ways strangers under every green tree, and you have not obeyed my voice said the lord.

2) Repent: Act 3:19: repent ye therefore, and be converted that your sins may be blotted out.
Have a determined heart to follow the lord, and live upright, promising him that you won't go back to sin.

3) Believe that God loves you and that he died for you at the cross of Calvary, and believe that he has forgiven your immoral lifestyle towards him.Isaiah 43:25 "I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins
 And believe that is not impossible to please  God. Have faith in Christ.

4). Invite Jesus into your life, and tell him to come and take control of your heart. Invite him to your heart so that he can guide you to the right part of righteousness. When you have done all these with a sincere heart, believe that the lord has forgiven you.

ATTACK FROM THE DEVIL
Now that you have repented, the devil will not allow you to prosper in your righteousness. He will come back with full force to take you to back to your old life. But this time you will defeat him.
To overcome the devil, you need to break all sinful bonds with sinners. Not that you will stop talking to them or greeting them, but you will stop committing sin with them. Now that you are a new convert you don't need to spend lots of time with them or you will derail. If you think that greeting them or talking to them could be risky to your salvation, then you stop all relationship with them. For the bible says that, 'if thy right hand will lead you to hell, you cut it of. For it is better to enter into heaven without a hand than for the whole body to enter into hell.'But when you have grown enough in the word of God, you can preach the gospel to them. All those things that used to lead you to commit sin, you must discard all of them. Read the bible always to grow in christ and resist the devil. Every morning when you wake up, you need to pray to God to give you the strength to overcome sin and the strength to persevere till the end. Devil will tempt you in all ways but you will always be victorious. Get yourself busy always with the bible and other positive activities that will make you grow in the word of God. Never you think of the harms the old sins have done to you, for now that you have accepted Christ as your all, you are now like a new creature, 'old things have passed away behold all things have become new in your life. Pray always for God's direction so that you won't fall.
PRAY FOR SANCTIFICATION
Now that you have the experience of salvation, what you need next is the experience of sanctification. It is only through faith that we can have this experience. Sanctification is the purification of the heart so that evil thoughts will no longer be conceived in your heart. You need to hunger and pray earnestly for this.
Baptism
After experiencing the spirit of sanctification, you need to be baptized in the Father, the son, and the holy Ghost as the scriptures demand. You need to be baptized by immersion to allow the holy spirit work fully in you.
Thomas the lord will be with, now you have accepted him, he will make your sadness turn into smiles; your parents will be proud of you and all the harms the old life caused you, he will turn them into joy. Just trust and obey Jesus Christ, he will lead you through. Thanks.
And if you have more questions or comment, email me at mathiasebere457@gmail.com.

                                                                                                                    Pastor Philip Williams.


                                                             


Comments